Monitoring 2020 Youth budgets execution at the local level in Moldova
In her civic activism experience, Ana has learned that young people must come prepared when they want to be involved in the decision-making process and advocate for their rights. The main problem addressed by the Fellowship project is the low level of meaningful participation of young people in the public decision-making. Public budgets are the focus of this project, once they summarize the public priorities and have to be designed to deliver services and programs in accordance with youth needs. Since having one third of the total population being youth, Moldova must pursue an open and participatory governance model, in order to ensure the full development of young people, that would create the environment for their adult development.
The solution offered within the project are training courses, an open media channel and tools for monitoring the existing data on youth budgets, across every region from the country. Eventually, the expected impact is the increase of skills and knowledge of young leaders from the local level, that will follow the execution of youth budgets in their region and become active stakeholders.
- Development of a web platform on youth budgets
- Develop an online training and motivation media channel
- Coaching program for youth activists
- Local campaigns on #knowYOUr(th)Budget
- A developed evidence-based methodology of youth budgets monitoring;
- 1 open/online and free web platform for youth documentation on youth budgets and participation (interactive database youthbudget.md);
- 1 online training course on youth budgets monitoring accessible and free online;
- 3 districts from Moldova have applied youth monitoring of the execution of the youth budget;
- 30 young people directly involved in the process of youth budgets execution in their district.
- 5 000 of young people are informed about the youth budgets monitoring and data in their locality and learn new participation methods.
|Areas of Interest||Advocacy
Children & youth
Collection of evidences
|Project duration||May 2020 - November 2020|